A new edition to the family is currently on it's way!

We are extremely excited and are ready to share it with the world!
I am almost 8 weeks along and feeling pretty good. I am due February 20th and we'll either be having a Robert Lemual Scott IV aka "Brodie" or a Madeline Ann Scott aka "Maddie."
I am experiencing the normal queasiness where if I am not constantly eating I feel sick, or if I eat too much I get sick, but I haven't spent any time kneeling over the toilet, so I'm feeling pretty blessed!
Below are some videos and stories of the different ways I've told my family.
When I first found out I couldn't believe it! We have been trying, but I didn't feel pregnant or feel any symptoms. I just decided one Tuesday morning that I would take a pregnancy test just for fun. Bo was of course already at work, so after I found out I started to brainstorm different ways that I could tell him. What I decided to do was later that afternoon when he got home, take a few pictures of he and the dogs and then take a picture of my pregnancy test and create a little slideshow. My hope was to get his reaction on camera. So after I had all the pictures ready I discretely set up our camera, pushed record, and called him in to look at the pictures. This is what happened:
I was pretty happy that I was able to get it all on tape, although I was a little nervous that I would miss his reaction because our camera can only record about a minute and he was fixated on a picture of him with the two little dogs. You can hear me in the background trying to urge him onto the next picture. :)
By the way... this is the picture Bo just couldn't get enough of:

Buddy (black) does look pretty comical.
About two and half weeks later my parents and sister finally came home from their vacation and I was so excited to fill them in on our news.
I first saw my sister and decided to pull the same trick on her that I did on Bo. This was her response:
Finally it was time to tell my parents! Unfortunately, I didn't get them on tape because we forgot our camera, but it was hilarious! Whenever we go over to my parents house, us girls like to play a game of Scrabble. So, while my mom was picking up after dinner I was setting the Scrabble board up. On the Scrabble board I spelled out "IM_PREGNANT" and called my mom in. My dad was already sitting in the living room on the couch, but I knew he wouldn't notice it until my mom said something. When my mom came in to sit down and start playing, she looked at the word and got a furrowed brow look on her face. I have to say I was a little disappointed with her reaction. Then as my mom started to sweep away the Scrabble tiles she said, "Who put this here, that's not how you spell "impregnate"." I was thinking, WHAT! And then said, "It says, "I'm Pregnant"! Then my mom looked up at me with a huge smile and shouted, "You're Pregnant!" And got super excited, along with my dad. That was more of the reaction I was hoping for! :)

Since then I have started working on my nursery. I know its a little early, but I am so excited and I love doing crafts and projects. So I settled on a gender neutral classy barnyard theme, since we pretty much live on a farm even though we aren't farmers.
So far I have sewed three decor pillows that will hang out in the crib and then when the baby comes I will move them to the guest bed and I just recently finished a painting that I hung above the crib. I'm still planning on making a crib ruffle at the bottom, some curtains for the windows, and possibly a baby quilt. I will be sure to post more pictures as I finish my projects.



8 comments:
SARAH AND BO!!!!
I' am so excited for you! You are so crafty sarah! I love that you caught Bo and Rachel on camera. Rachel's reaction is absolutely Rachel! hahahaha. Congrats!
Congrats!!! See, I told you the crib was there for a reason! :) We are super excited for you guys!!!
Congrats!! That is very exciting :)
Congrats you guys! That was very clever Sarah to catch Bo...I love how Bo was so easily entertained by the pic of the dogs!
Soooo cute! I love the barnyard theme...thats adorable! I found your blog on Elissa's and was very excited that you guys had one! I love how you got your sister and Bo on camera, Bo's reaction was so cute!
Shauna had baby number 3. Daisy is her name. She was born on Harrison's bday, June, 21. She is super cute. Ben and Shauna's blog is www.schtaylor.blogspot.com if you want to check out the kids. And as for us and kids. Feewww who knows when we will have one. In 1 year or 5 years hahaha we don't know. Im so excited though for you. It is just so crazy that we went through so much together as kids and now you are having one! I can't wait to see what he or she looks like!
That was such a cute video to watch. Being pregnant is so fun. Just wait until the baby starts moving. You will love it!
Post a Comment