Sunday, January 25, 2009

This weekend I put my nursery decor projects on hold to focus on a project for Blake and Jake's room. (The twins I babysit)


Their mom re-painted their room - which looks awesome and is doing a sports theme for them. She wanted to get these canvas painted jerseys to hang up above their beds and they looked super cute, but the person or company selling them wanted $300 for each jersey! Crazy!


That's where I came in. I went to Joanns and bought the canvas and paint for a whopping $13.15! I even got way too much canvas, so it should have only cost about $8. That's $4 for each jersey - sure beats $300!
Here's the almost finished project. The only thing we need are the dowels that the jerseys will hang on (which is why there is a big white space above each jersey).


It was a lot of fun to do. I love having projects to work on! Still, I get most of my satisfaction from the fact that it was the exact same quality as the original found online only way cheaper -- and better of course!

2 comments:

The Leonards said...

Those turned out great! They are going to love them!

Lanenga Family said...

Wow! You are the queen of creativity and homemaking! I might need some lessons...