Sunday, February 15, 2009

We're Home!



So here's the story...


Thursday afternoon I had a baby appointment and was 4cm, 85% effaced. I was hoping Brodie would come soon, but I had already been 3 cm along for the last 3 weeks, so my hopes weren't up.
Friday the 13th at about 3:30 pm I started to feel contractions and cramping again. I had also been experiencing a lot of this for the past several weeks, so I didn't pay too much attention to it. Plus it wasn't super painful so I didn't think that I was actually in labor. I made an early dinner and at about 4:30 I decided that I was going to take a nap just because the contractions weren't slowing down. The nap wasn't working for me so I got in the shower. After my shower I told Bo that I thought the baby was going to come soon... I meant in like a few days... because I still didn't think I was in labor because it just didn't seem like it was as painful as I thought it should be. Later that evening at about 6:30 I was sitting on the couch and my water broke! I couldn't believe it! I guess I really was in labor. I called out for Bo and we started making our way to the hospital.
We got to the hospital at about 8:00 and found out that I was already 7cm and 100% effaced. I thought if I was already that far along, I could totally handle this thing on my own... plus I think needles are worse then childbirth. By 11:30 I was ready to start pushing and out came Brodie at 12:26, February 14th! He was the best Valentines Day present I could ever get! I do feel a bit bad for his birthday date though, because now he'll have to take his wife out on his birthday instead of the other way around. :) It was such an amazing experience. I wish I could describe it, but it would be impossible. Brodie weighed 7 lbs, 3 oz, 18 inches long, and scored an 8 and then a 9 on the apgar. What a champ!

HE IS AMAZING!!





I'll post more pictures soon and try to get a video of him when his eyes are open - so stay tuned!


7 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. P said...

I am so happy for you. He is so handsome. Good job and you are right.. he is the perfect Valentines Gift :) Cant wait to see more pictures too!

Olive and Kaylee said...

He is so cute Sarah! Good Job!

Hepworth Family said...

Oh my goodness, you are a champ! He is perfect! That is so crazy, it sounds like everything went really smooth for you...I'm even a bit jealous that you had such an easy delivery! Great job mamma! Cant wait to see more pictures!

Holly Walton said...

I'm so happy that everything went so well for you. It's so nice when you finally get to go home. Hope everything is going well!!

Carlson Clan said...

Congratulations Sarah!!! He is such a handsome little guy!!! Good job with the labor!! I'm glad you didn't have too hard of one!!

Michael and Peggy Taylor Family said...

Congratulations and big hugs from us to you! Brodie is beautiful and so are you Sarah. I'm glad all is well, and the both of you are healthy and well. All our love to you all!

DAVID & ELISSA said...

He is so cute! You did an amazing job, and you made child birth sound like a piece of cake! Give him a hug for me.