Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Little Lassen Part II

Brodie sittin' by the campfire



Hiking on the Spatter Cone Trail







The highlight of my day... The PCT! (Pacific Crest Trail)



The PCT is a trail that extends from the border of Mexico to the border of Canada. It is 2600 miles long and goes through California, Oregon, and Washington.
It has always been a dream of mine to hike the entire PCT.
Today I set foot on the PCT for the first time in my life and walked about .1 miles.... only 2599.9 miles to go! I'll get there someday.

4 comments:

Lanenga Family said...

I love the picture of him sitting by the campfire! It's like "Aww mom, not another picture!" :) So cute!

The Leonards said...

I agree with Allie, Brodie is adorable by the fire! That is so fun you walked on the Pacific Coast trail. I remember I saw it once from a hike and I wanted to go hiking on it so badly!

Sheryl Towers said...

Cool, I'd love to hike it too. Your little Brodie is getting even more cute. Barbi & I think the American Idol looks like he could be Bo's bro. Have people asked you for your autograph...heeeeee

Mrs. Hislop said...

We are taking Lily camping for the first time soon . . . I hope it goes well!