Yep, we went to Lassen Again!
I love it there!
Bo's dad gave me a book called "Hiking Lassen"
and I started reading it during the end of my pregnancy.
Ever since then I've been dreaming about... well, Hiking Lassen!
My plan is to hike as many of the trails as I can.
I just find it all so interesting and I love getting out.
This last weekend was a fee free day, so you didn't have to pay
to get into the park. Thrifty me of course had to take advantage of this!
We stayed in Mineral and the Henry's camped with us Friday night.
We love the Henry's! They are so much fun and we are really glad
that we've become friends with them.
Brodie roasting his first marshmallow... that mom wouldn't let him eat.

"I'm supposed to do what? You want me to put it near that hot stuff?"

Lunch at Battle Creek
"Excuse me, why are you putting me in the freezing cold creek?"

April and her kids - they are so cute!
Braden (2 years old) kept call Bo "Boo"
"Hi, Boo!" "Where are you going Boo?"
"I wanna see what Boo is doing!"


Nevermind the fact that there
were still piles of snow around the lake.
There were some steep parts with some cliffy edges
Kendall Vanhook Bumpass was a cowboy
and worked in the Lassen area in the 1860s.
One day Bumpass stumbled upon the area and his leg
was badly scalded when it broke through a thin
crust above a mud pot.
He told his friends and townspeople about it, describing it as "hell."
A newspaper editor was interested in the story and
convinced Bumpass to take him to this place.
Unfortunately, Bumpass' leg broke through the crust again -
Which led to the amputation of his leg.











1 comment:
How pretty! You are such a trooper to take your little camping and hiking!
Post a Comment