Friday, July 15, 2011

Broken

Today Brodie had a very sad moment.  His last and final binky broke and the binky era is over.  I took Brodie's binky away for a few nights back when he turned two, but somehow he kept finding ones that had been previously lost.  I swear he must of stashed those things around everywhere in case we ever did take them away from him.  I'm not sure why I gave in and let him continue to have his binky... I think part of it is because I still have my childhood blanky that I sleep with every night (yes it's true) and I would get so mad when people told me to throw it away, so I have a tender spot for soothers that help you sleep better.  Anyways, he wasn't allowed to have it other then when he was going to sleep.  Then about 3 weeks ago, we were visiting the grandparents and their dog Gracie somehow snatched Brodie's binky which created a hole in it... and it has grown ever since.  Then this afternoon before nap time he ran out of his room, jumped on the couch and went to yank the binky out of his mouth to say "No Night, Night!" and it ripped in half.  At first he smiled and showed me what happened, but then once he realized what happened the tears started pouring down.  It was so sad!  It was completely different from the crying he does when he gets hurt or wants something.  I felt so bad for him.  It made me want to cry too.  After about 20 minutes of really sad crying he went over to the toolbox to find something to fix it.  He found some mosquito spray and told me he wanted to spray it on and stick it back together.  I told him it wouldn't work and that it was yucky, so he gave up on that idea and went back to the couch to look lovingly at his binky.  Eventually he perked up.


Here he is telling me what happened:


Brodie then wanted the camera so he could take a few shots of his binky...




I'm thinking about entering them into the fair.

On the bright side, Brodie went to sleep tonight without one little whimper.  But his binky is laying beside his pillow and to be fair, he skipped his nap because of the binky fiasco.

No comments: