Friday, December 9, 2011

Random Thoughts

It feels like I haven't blogged in a really long time and I hate that.  I love keeping the blog updated so that my kids can look back and read about all the fun things we did.  My main problem is I just haven't been taking many pictures lately and I like to have lots of pictures in my posts.  Anyways, here are a few random pictures and thoughts.

It has been COLD around here.  Like below 20 degrees every morning cold.  Everything is super white and frosty when we wake up and it takes a good majority of the day for it to get warm enough for it to be bearable outside.  I am a wimp when it comes to cold, but even the boys have been playing outside less and less.  Which means Brodie has been playing his Remmington Duck Hunting game a lot more frequently.  This kid is so good at this game!  He used to be lucky if he got a bronze or silver medal, but now he hits Gold Medals all the time and gets so excited about it.  His favorite hunts are the White Geese, Canadian Geese - Honkers, Turkeys, Pheasants, Ducks, and Chuckar... which are actually grouse, but daddy hunts Chuckars, so thats what they are.


We still manage to get outside almost every day though.  I love that Brodie still likes to play on "Brodie's Park" and finally figured out how to push his "horsie-swing" on his own.


Ryker spends his time just flying around the yard...



He has also taken a liking to this particular gun.  It's a little big for him, but he carries it around the yard and he could not look any cuter doing so.


Ryker is so much fun to have around.  I pause and stare at him several times a day and just think how lucky I am to have such a cute little guy.

Bo was able to get home from work before it was dark so we ventured into the forest to get some christmas trees.  I wanted one for our house and one for our front yard.  We started up Burney Mountain and realized that we forgot the saw to cut down the stupid trees, so we had to go back home and fetch it and then drive back up again.  We were really pushing the whole daylight thing.

Daddy and Ryker looking for a tree.  I was so cold that I just drove the truck behind them.


Brodie thought he found the pefect little tree... but then he decided that we should get a really big one.


We got a nice little tree, although I'm not completely in love with it.  I'm not in love with the outside tree either, but that's what you get when you end up cutting trees in the dark.  Ohh well, I'm sure they will both look perfect once they are decorated.

During Thanksgiving the boys and I were down at my parents house and one day my mom, aunt, cousin, grandma and I all went to the antique shops downtown.  At the Mary Lake Thompson store, they had a really big white deer statue in the window and for some reason I loved it.  Usually I am completely against any decor that has horns on it, but I think it might be slowly starting to grow on me.  Anyways, it sort of looked like this:

I started looking for some statues online for my mantel, but they are super pricey.  So I was thrilled when the boys and I were at our local thrift store earlier this week and found all these reindeer pieces.  They look like they are made out of a brown bag paper mache, but they were only $0.25 each.  I was thinking I could paint them white and pass them off for temporaries until we can afford the real thing.  Brodie took it upon himself however to just ride them instead.


Here the kids and I were making cake pops.  I absolutely love my kitchen aid mixer, but the only downside is there is only one paddle instead of two beaters... so that leaves one kid (Ryker) without something to lick.  At least Brodie is ok at sharing and I really don't want Ryker to have any yet anyways.





That's all for now!  Tomorrow is the Ward Christmas Party and the town Christmas Light Parade, so my next post should be a little more exciting.

1 comment:

Mrs. Hislop said...

Those pics of Ryker flying are hilarious!