Saturday, August 15, 2015

Mari And Her Hair + Some Other Stuff.

Mari is such a little stinker when it comes to her hair!  She never lets me do it and if I do, she throws a HUGE fit!



Doesn't she know her pigtails are super cute!?

Then Daddy throws it in a bun and she keeps it in the rest of the day!!


Or when the neighbor girl puts a super cute headband on her, sure, it can stay!  Seriously!?
This was also the day that Mari got her first bee sting at the park.  Poor girl!


Eating Huckleberries!



Or she can do her own hair and it's all good -- very stylish!


But me, nope, not having it.  Her little attitude after I tried to put it in a pony tail for her.



I still love her though.  She graduated to a big girl bed about 5 days ago.  I was super nervous about the transition.  She was finally sleeping through the night and I didn't want her to give up her naps either, but she has done awesome in it!  She falls asleep no problem when it's bedtime or time for her nap.  Easiest transition yet!  Yes!


Brodie begged me one summer day to hook the bike trailer up to his bike.  He is such a good brother!  He carts both Mari and Ryker around all over the neighborhood.  I don't know how he does it!  My legs start hurting when I just ride my bike down the road without pulling anyone!



The kids did a summer reading program and earned some free passes to The Craze.  We took our neighbors with us because the passes also included a plus one.  We got to play Laser Tag, Glow in the Dark Golf, and run around in the Kiddie Jungle all for free!  It pays to read! I also let each kid have a $1 and Ryker always spends his $1 on this stupid game where you just pull a lever, I guess sort of like a wheel of fortune thing.  I always try to talk him out of it because then he only gets to play one game, but I'm never successful.  Maybe it's because he's super lucky and always wins lots of tickets!  He got 50 this time and was a happy kid!


Brooke and Mari spent their money on the toy/candy crane and Brooke won Mari a sucker AND a stuffed animal!!  Lots of lucky kids in our group!


Someone was offering their apples up to anyone who wanted to come and pick some.  By the time we got to the tree a lot of the low ones had already been picked, but Bo made good use of our step ladder and Brodie and we still got a big bucketful!  I made applesauce, apple juice, and apple cider vinegar.


Brodie loves Bow Hunting.  He still uses his PVC bow that I made all the kids for Ryker's 3rd birthday!  It has really held up!  Brodie and the little kids often go out to the hay bales and practice their skills.


We went to the Pioneer Day Parade since we missed the 4th of July Parade and the kids had a blast!  Here's Mari getting her groove on to the marching band.  The girl loves to dance!



Afterwards we went and got some giant corn dogs at the World's Greatest Corn Dog trailer... they were pretty yummy!


And two more silly pictures of my littles after running around in the sprinklers.  I think they were making chilly faces!


I love summer!  My kids go back to school in 10 days... TEN!  Oh it's so sad.  We are definitely not ready to stop playing!

No comments: