Saturday, October 11, 2008

Travel Trailer Restoration

So last year Bo and I purchased our first travel trailer. It was a 1973 Lo-Liner Aristocrat. We bought it because Bo wanted a hunting trailer so that I would actually go with him when he hunted. However, it still hasn't been used. Now that hunting season is here again, we have high hopes of actually using it, so I've decided to spruce our trailer up a bit. We are also planning a vacation trip up the northern California coast in November, so we're definitely going to take it on it's maiden voyage soon.
This is what the trailer looked like when we bought it:







The fridge didn't work so I replaced it with a little old brown mini-fridge that I inherited from my grandpa. Because it was such a hideous color I painted it and took the front panel out and painted a picture on it. Here's how it turned out:



Then I cleaned the cushions and made new covers for them. I also painted leaves on the curtains and we bought a new table for the trailer because the old one was half the size of what it should have been and because of that we couldn't convert the table into a bed. So here is the semi-finished product:




So that's the trailer!
It still looks messy because I haven't picked up all my tools and I still have to re-hang the blinds over the couch/bed. I also want to take the fan apart and paint the blades to match instead of the blue and I want to either replace or paint the light fixtures so they look a little newer and match better. It could also use a few more homey touches like pictures and stuff.
We're really excited to use it though!

4 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

Good job Sarah!! You are so crafty and artistic!

The Leonards said...

I love the pictures! You didn't put one with the fridge inside though! Everything looks so nice. I LOVE the curtains, especially the leaves that you painted. It turned out so good. everything looks super good!

DAVID & ELISSA said...

Wow! You did an amazing job! You should start your own make over hunting trailor show. So many wives would love you!

Olive and Kaylee said...

That turned out so cute! I love it!