Friday, February 6, 2009

Waiting Game


I'm almost 39 weeks and just waiting for this little boy to come.

He is welcome to take all the time he needs - I'm in no hurry. If he comes soon - GREAT - I'm totally ready to be a Mom - but if he wants to hang out in there - GREAT - I've still got plenty of stuff to do.

Most of my projects lately have had to do with finishing up the nursery and buying last minute supplies for Brodie. Today I think I finished the nursery to my liking. The only thing I'd really like to have is a breathable bumper for the crib, but I can't find any locally and all the stores that carry them online want to charge me like $10 to ship it and I can't find any good coupons, so I'm holding out. I hate paying for shipping!


So here is the nursery!












The Wall Decal was one of my favorite projects. I really wanted to paint the walls, but because we're renting, it just wasn't an option, so a wall decal was the next best thing! I just got some contact paper and painted it the off-white color that matches the wooden "BRODIE" letters over the crib. It took forever to do because I had to do each individual leaf like a puzzle so it looked like they had stems. I also really like the bed skirt. It was actually really easy to make with the help of transweb and my trusty iron.








Another one of my projects involved using baking clay. I tried to mold them into dogs... they look like dogs, but they don't really look good. I guess sculpting isn't one of my strong points. Bo said it's ok though because it just looks like a little kid did it so it still matches the room. :) Thanks babe.






Here is a shot of the crib and my new glider and ottoman! We found the glider/ottoman on craigslist for $50! Score! I really love it. So does Gator.








Even the dogs helped me decorate Brodie's room. We have very hairy dogs and there is a lot of hair in between their toes, so the paw prints don't look great... but they did a good job. :)





Welcome to the Changing Station

Another one of my homemade decals... If you're a Lost fan, you should get this.



Last but not least, Bo has been helping me with the closet aka changing station. We bought some wood at Home Depot and constructed a shelf changing table. I also made the changing pad to custom fit. I'm really happy with the whole thing. It's exactly what I wanted. I am going to get a basket to put next to the wipes on the changing table to fill with diapers, but other then that, I think we're done!


4 comments:

Olive and Kaylee said...

I cannot get over how creative you are! What a cute nursery! I love the closet/changing station, what a space-saver. I finally got rid of Olives changing table because it was just taking up too much room.

The Leonards said...

I LOVE the nursery. Everything looks amazing! I am so glad I finally got to see all of your projects!

Lanenga Family said...

all you need is the baby! We are excited for you two. Hope everything goes well in the next few days.

Mrs. Hislop said...

Wow! You did a great job on the nursery. I love your changing table decal. Hilarious!