Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Five Years

In February of 2005 I met Bo Scott for the first time at a Valentines Day Church Dance.  It was a brief introduction and I really don't remember it that well, other then he was wearing a hat that was pulled down so far over his face, I could barely see his eyes.  If someone came up to me and said,  "You'll be having a beautiful little boy with that man in approximately 4 years," I would have never believed it!

Sometime in March we met again at our good friend Tara's Cabin in Lake Madrone.  Lucky for both of us, Bo had a friend who was really into one of my friends, so a double date was quickly set up.  It was a great date and I had fun trying to figure Bo out.  It was even the first time I got to hear Bo's impressive cage fight story!

(Bo's Ref. - Herb Dean)

A few weeks later, Bo called me asking for directions to a pizza place in Chico where he was supposed to meet up with class members to work on a group project for school.  Afterwards he had to attend a concert for another school project and invited me to go along.  I had taken the same music class a year earlier and attended the same concert, so I thought that was a pretty funny coincidence and agreed to go again.  We really seemed to enjoy each other's company and the next thing I knew we were hanging out together every night watching movies and getting to know each other better. 

(Mom's garden salads are still as delicious now as they were 5 years ago!)

On March 26th 2005, Bo took me out on the best date I had ever been on.  It was for my birthday and we went to the best Thai Food Restaurant I've ever eaten at.  I can still remember the sweet taste of the mango sticky rice... 


Afterwards we took a drive around the Buttes and ended up in Bo's favorite place - Grey Lodge.  We watched the ducks for awhile and then went to the Scott Easter Egg Hunt, where I got to meet the whole crazy Scott Clan!  Who knew at that time I would become a Scott myself very soon.

April came around and we took a trip out to Utah and I was able to attend General Conference Live for the first time ever, which was a super great experience.  I loved that Bo was such a strong member of the church and I felt like he was really helping me to learn more and become a better member myself.  I had never had someone in my life like that before.  The stories from his mission where amazing and I finally got why it really is so important for young men to go on missions and have those experiences.

(on top of the General Conference Building)

The next few weeks seemed to speed by really fast and the next thing I knew Bo and I were talking marriage.  I never thought I'd be getting married, let alone talking about marriage at the age of 20, especially to someone I had only met 2 months earlier, but with prayer and confirmation that this was supposed to be, I was ready to jump in head first. 


Bo went and asked my dad for permission to marry me.  He told my dad it probably wouldn't be for a few months at least, but little did he know he would get his hands on a beautiful ring shortly after their conversation and that ring would burn a hole in Bo's pocket!  The next day we took a trip down to the Oakland Temple - a place I had never seen in person yet.  It was a cloudy day and Bo kept making comments about how he hoped that the sun would come out because it makes the temple grounds that much more beautiful.  Once we got to the temple we climbed the stairs to the garden on the temple roof that faces the entire bay area.  It was gorgeous up there, but there were still a lot of clouds and no sun.  As we looked out over the bay, no joke, a pillar of light seemed to shine through the clouds on Bo and I and I said, "Look Bo, its your sun!"  The next thing I knew, Bo was kneeling down on one knee.  I had no idea what he was doing, so I was trying to pull him back up off the ground.  I thought he was trying to pull an embarrassing stunt or something... but then I saw the ring.  I couldn't believe it!  It was the best surprise ever and one of the best days of my life!  I of course said YES!

(Oakland Temple - Just Engaged)

Bo already had a job secured for the summer and was going to be leaving the 1st of June to go out to New Jersey.  He wouldn't be back until October, so at first we thought that we would have to wait to get married until then.  About a week before he was going to leave, we kept getting these feelings that we should get married before Bo left and that I should go with him to New Jersey.  We prayed about it and got a definite answer that that is indeed what should happen and on May 26th we were married!


3 days later, and after a very short honeymoon, we were on a plane together to New Jersey!

(Sac Airport - was I really that skinny?)

(On the Ferry going over to New York)

As you can tell from our story, things happened very fast for us.  But never during any of that time did I have doubts or worries about the events that were taking place 5 years ago.  I am so glad that everything transpired the way it was supposed to with Bo.  He always makes sure that I am well taken care of and every day he does his best to give me the life I've always dreamed of having.  He still makes me laugh, tells me all the time that he thinks my post-pregnancy body is even more attractive then my pre-pregnancy one (or else he is a really good liar), wakes up in the middle of the night to take care of Brodie so that I can sleep - even though he's the one waking up early for work in the morning, and lets me get my way a lot more then he should let me.  He is a fantastic father and I am so thankful that I chose a great man to help me raise our kids.  Most of all I know that he truly loves me and he makes sure that he proves that to me every day even though I already know that he does.

It has been a great 5 years!

3 comments:

Angelee said...

what a sweet story. happy 5th.

The Leonards said...

Happy 5th anniversary! I love seeing all of the pictures and hearing all of your fun, sweet stories again!

Bert said...

I'm so glad our family didn't scare you off at Easter. We all would have missed out on one amazing woman. Love ya!