Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Last month I envisioned Easter being a little different from what actually took place.  I had plans to make myself a Easter dress and make matching ties for the boys, I figured there would be an Easter Egg hunt, and I thought I'd at least get some Easter Baskets together.  Well, April went by too fast, so I didn't get my dress sewn, I didn't make the matching ties, I didn't get any eggs dyed and hidden to be found, and although I did get stuff to put in Easter Baskets, I did not get those items into a basket... but it was still perfect!  There's just something sort of wonderful about having a relaxing holiday and being able to focus on the true meaning of that holiday... especially one that is exceptionally special.  How nice it was not having to deal with all the pomp and frills and just focusing on our Savior and his sacrifice.  And I don't feel too bad about not doing anything super special for the boys, because I figure this will be my last chance to be lazy since next year Brodie will be old enough to have an idea with what's actually going on.  Plus Brodie gets to search for eggs in the chicken coop every day.  Check it out... one of our chickens lays double yolks!  Could it get any better?


Anywho, the morning started out with getting ready for church.  Bo decided to do his part for the holiday and shave his manly beard.

Before:


After:


I'm going to miss his beard, but I really like the way Bo looks with or without it, so it doesn't matter that much to me. 

Also, be sure to check out Brodie's outfit.  Last weekend I went to a garage sale and a woman had a tub of clothes for just $0.10 each, so I got the whole ensemble for just $0.40!! (Plus a ton of other clothes)  Once I got home I realized that the suit jacket and the pants didn't match and I just can't help but wonder if I didn't dig down far enough to find even more treasure.  Rookie mistake.  Anyways, Brodie didn't care that his pants were pin striped and the jacket wasn't and he loved it.  But I'm a weirdo and couldn't deal with the mis-matchedness, so he didn't go into the church building wearing it.


At church I was in charge of sharing time for primary.  A few years back I was introduced to Resurrection Eggs and I absolutely loved the idea, so this year I finally broke down and bought myself one.  It is so neat!  You have a carton of different colored eggs and in each egg there is a symbol that represents something that led up to the resurrection.  So you tell the story through opening up the eggs.  The kids seemed to really enjoy it and it kept their attention, which is great because our bunch can sometimes be rowdy.

And after church, we took our Family Picture:


I really don't know how to feel about our picture.  It was windy outside and my hair was blowing all over, which just drives me crazy.  I hate hair... well my hair.  I'm never satisfied with it.  It's straight and boring and I never know how to style it.  And if I do take the time to style it, it just goes limp an hour later.  I always think about cutting it really short and then when I get the courage to decide that I'm actually going to do it, I end up having a good hair day and back out.  Not to mention Bo likes long hair.  Anyways, the boys weren't smiling or even looking at the camera half the time and obviously the lighting is really bad.  For the record though, there was one picture we took that I looked really good in... however Ryker wasn't looking at the camera and Brodie looked like he checked out since he had just woken up from a nap on the car ride home, so I had to take one for the team and settle for a not so good one of me and a better one of the boys.

Brothers:


I just love these boys.  Brodie got a new fishing pole for Easter and Ryker got this weird ball that lights up in the middle when you shake it.  I'm hoping it will be a good traveling toy.  Brodie also got a chocolate covered peep, which I ended up eating tonight.  I thought it would be really gross, but I would eat another one.  Speaking of peeps, our favorite radio show: Armstrong and Getty were having a "Destroy The Peep" contest.  I didn't put much thought into it, but Bo was trying to think of a good way to destroy a peep.  The day after the contest ended, Bo came up with the best idea EVER!  Really, it is genius and would be super entertaining.  We would have won a free mug or whatever the prize was for sure, but now we have to wait until next year to do it.  Guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out what it is... How's that for a teaser?

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

We listen to Armstrong and Getty (or A & G) out here in St. Louis. Mike downloads their podcasts. Friday night we watched all of their videos.