Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vacation... all I ever needed. Vacation... gotta get away!

My little wonderful baby boy Ryker has yet to master his sleep skills.  Which means I get awoken several times at night and the little stinker takes MAXIMUM 1 hour long naps during the day.  It is hard!  I feel like I can never get anything done around the house and I'm extra crabby because of my own constant lack of sleep.  Well you know my mood is pretty bad if Bo suggests I go take a vacation and stay at my parents house for a few days.  Bo hates being away from his family and anytime I've suggested visiting my parents without him in the past, he has not been on board with the idea.

So I took a little break.  The boys and I went down Friday night and came back home last night.  It was wonderful having a few days to not worry about cleaning or cooking meals... and my parents love the kids and vice versa so I didn't have to worry about entertainment either!  It was awesome!  Here are a few highlights from the vacation.

Ryker sporting the sucker fish look.


Brodie playing out in the yard.  It was so pretty there and the weather was a lot better then where we live!


Brodie got lots of face time with Harpo the Owl.  Brodie is now a master at "hoo-ing"


My parents have a 5 acre olive orchard - Brodie loved running free throughout the trees.  It warmed my heart a little because it reminded me of my childhood years out in that orchard.



We took walks down Long Bar Rd and Mommy realized that she is not in great shape when it comes to pushing a stroller with two kids in it up a long hill and very steep driveway, but I conquered it!


And we got to visit some friends!  Brodie had ton's of fun with the Leonard kids and all their neat toys.



I think Ethan was teaching Brodie how to Bum Jump in this picture.


My mom was also extremely wonderful to me!  She took me shopping in Chico and bought me a shirt and dress.  Then we went to the Olive Garden - HEAVEN!  My dad babysat Brodie while we were gone and although I was a little apprehensive about the situation, they both did great... with the exception of Brodie breaking my dad's grandma's antique chair - Whoops!!

We then met Bo in Red Bluff last night and he took us out to Red Lobster - HEAVEN AGAIN!  It was Ryker's first time there Post Utero.  We had all our favorites - Lobster Pizza, Coconut Shrimp, Crab Linguine, Rock Lobster Tail, and Crab Legs - does it get any better?  Why yes it does because there were leftovers and now that the kids are napping I plan on devouring it all!


Once Bo was done with the Lobster Tail we handed it over to Brodie for entertainment.  He made a Lobster Sundae.


I'm so Thankful for my Husband, Kids, & Parents for making my life so special!

1 comment:

The Leonards said...

We had so much fun seeing you! You guys will have to come play with us again soon!