Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Monkey See, Monkey Do.

Brodie has a very good "Monkey See, Monkey Do" way about life... particularly when it comes to mimicking animals.  Yesterday it was all about being a chicken.


I threw a few stale rice cakes out for the chickens to peck at... figuring no one in our household would want to eat yucky stale rice cakes...


But apparently I was wrong...


Here is another great example of Brodie's "Monkey See, Monkey Do" Complex...
I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but a few months ago our little dog Buddy was unfortunately run over by the UPS guy and is no longer with us.  Buddy was infamously known for digging. Now that Buddy is gone whenever a gopher mound pops up (which is quite often) no one is around to dig it up... unless Brodie spots it.


Buddy would also bite at the dirt because he was trying to catch the gophers...
And that's when Brodie takes it too far.


In other news, we were able to wear short sleeves today!  I know that sounds weird with it being June 8th, but that's how it went this year!




It's so nice to hang outside comfortably!
And here is Brodie with his new favorite gun.  Bo showed him how to pull the thingy back that makes the clicking noise when you pull the trigger (clearly I'm not too familiar with my weaponry) and Brodie will just sit in this chair on the porch for literally hours at a time "shooting" the birds and chipmunks that scamper onto the porch for pieces of dog food that have been left behind.

1 comment:

The Leonards said...

Brodie and Ryker are so cute! That is hilarious Brodie acts like animals quite a bit and it looks like he does a super good job!