Monday, January 21, 2013

38 Weeks.

Today I am 38 weeks along in my pregnancy.  The end is quickly approaching.  This pregnancy has definitely been the hardest of the three and extremely challenging.  I had another kidney stone attack last week and I swore it put me into active labor.  I even had Bo take the day off and clenched my jaw through the pain until I could get checked out just in case it was the real thing.  Turns out it wasn't.  That's right.  On my third pregnancy I was that girl who thinks she's in labor but isn't at all.  On one hand I was completely thrilled because as soon as I got back out to our car I took my morphine as fast as possible.  On the other hand, I had started preparing myself for a long day of labor and pain... which there was a lot of pain... but you don't get a sweet baby at the end, so it's just frustrating and annoying.  It will definitely be nice to have the option to go get these stones zapped if they keep bothering me after I deliver.

To who this applies to... have any of you ever gotten the nesting instinct with your pregnancies?  I never have. My house is as messy as ever and I don't think I'll ever catch up.  I really really really want that nesting instinct to kick in, but it's just not happening.  I have been trying to declutter by selling unwanted items around our house.  Maybe that's my version of the nesting instinct, but it doesn't make me feel like I accomplished anything because if we had the space, I would just keep all my junk.

This is where I should probably post a belly picture, but I haven't taken any pictures of my belly this time around, so I've got nothin'!

The boys have been doing really well with their new beds.  We finally found Ryker a mattress, sold the toddler bed, and are good in the bed department now for at least a few years.  It's a nice feeling.  Ryker does tend to fall out of his bed, but it's not a drop that's going to hurt him or anything, however it does wake him up.  I'm going to try tucking a pool noodle under his sheet and see if that will keep him in better.  Really, we need to just finish customizing the bed so that he has a rail, but it is so cold here the idea of buying lumber and using the saw in the garage is not at all appealing.  That is definitely one bummer of the winters here.  Projects really come to a stand still because going outside to paint, spray paint, chop, saw, etc. is pure torture.

I think the weather has been hard on the boys too.  They love being outside, but it really is impossible to let them go out there.  Brodie is always asking me when it will be warm enough to go swimming again.  I did let Brodie go in the backyard today while Ryker was taking a nap and he loved it, but he comes back in so cold!  I think we're just kind of going stir crazy being cooped up in the house so much.  Brodie starts his preschool again tomorrow, which he could not be more excited for, so I think that will be really nice for him and it will be good for the boys to have a break from each other too.  I'll have to figure out some fun things I can do with Ryker alone.

I still haven't taken any new pictures... what is wrong with me!??   But here is a cute one that I never posted from November.  Brodie and Ryker reading a book in the pile of laundry I was folding.

No comments: