Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bunk Beds!

Brodie is almost 4.... can you believe that?  I've had a child for almost 4 years now!  Anyways, he is getting to be a big boy and his toddler bed has been starting to look a little small for him.  So, I've been telling him that when he turns 4, he is going to get a bigger boy bed.  I've also been doing some contemplating and and trying to decide if I'm ready to move Ryker out of his crib.  Then I came across the Ikea Kura Loft Bed on Pinterest where people have turned the bed into a bunk bed.  It is lower to the ground, so it is much safer for toddlers, and it's a good bed that can take some customization.
Here is an example of what someone else did with their loft bed to convert it into a bunk bed and I love it.  Both beds are safely tucked in.  So now we need to get some extra lumber and customize ours.


Or I'm kinda tempted to just do this....


Haha, do you think someone would call protective services on me??

The closest Ikea is down in Utah, over 4 hours away... not very convenient.  And the bed is $199 brand new, which doesn't even include mattresses... yikes!  Yay for craigslist though, because I found someone who lives only a half hour away from us who was selling one for less then half of what Ikea was selling them for and it came with a mattress!  Woohoo!  I still need to find a mattress for Ryker on the bottom, but for now he has two crib mattresses pushed together, so he should be good for a little while.

So tonight the boys slept in their new bunk beds!  And it only took several threats, one major breakdown from Ryker when I put him back in his crib for not listening, and an hour and half later.....


Sleeping boys!

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the night goes, but hopefully they'll stay in there!

No comments: