I love having three kids! Being a mom is so much fun and each child brings a unique love to my life.
Mari is 6 months old! It is hard to comprehend that she is actually 1/2 a year old already. Why does this stage go by so dang fast? She is such a fun baby. I love how she always seems to have a smile on her face when she is exploring the world around her. She is starting to get too big for her swing. She refuses to sit in it normally. It drives me crazy.
She still enjoys Brodie's attention, but I think she and Ryker are starting to bond a little more too.
Ryker is the cutest thing ever. I love the 2, going on 3 stage, although it's hard to believe he'll be 3 in a short 2 months! His vocabulary surprises me every day. He is such a quick learner. And he is a great helper too! Here he is feeding Mari some rice cereal... he ate all her bananas.
He likes to hang with the big kids in the neighborhood, but still prefers the company of his mom. I'm his #1 and I love that! Today he asked to play Mario Kart Wii, which he's not very good at. I let him while I went and picked some raspberries. I came back in and heard the music from the same level he was playing when I left. When I walked up the stairs I found him like this:
And the game had been going for 20+ minutes. All that driving can really tire a kid out. I love him so much!
Brodie has finally hit his terrible twos. Yes. He's actually 4 1/2, but has been a sweetheart up until the last couple weeks. I think it's from hanging out with the big kids in the neighborhood. He is obsessed with them and is worried that he's always missing out on having fun. I enjoy the few moments during the day when it is just he and I and I get glimpses of the "old" Brodie. He's still great, it's just the first time that he's actually been a challenge and that's foreign to me.
Looks like just a normal raspberry patch?
I spot some feet! And a head!
There's a Brodie Bear in my bushes!
I let him help me feed Mari tonight. We pureed up some sweet potatoes and she loved them. Half way through the feeding Brodie asked if he could taste it and I said yes.
Next thing I know, he had his own bowl of baby food and ate every bite!
Poor Mari is going to have to fight off her brothers for her food!
Life is wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment