Here's a little of our summer that I haven't documented yet. The kids and I went to Rainbow Lake one afternoon and some other people who were enjoying the lake next to us let us borrow their paddle boards. It's a little scary to paddle on those boards with kids hanging onto your legs and trying to throw off your balance, but we never tipped and it was a lot of fun!
We went to the fair again this year and the boys did Mutton Bustin'. Brodie held on until they beeped the horn and Ryker held on for a second longer then he did last year... which wasn't very long... but they were happy to get their dollars! I love my little cowboys.
We went to open gym a couple of times, which is really nice in the summer because the gym is almost always empty!
We found this giant zucchini in the middle of our corn patch! I have to confess it's still sitting on my counter. I don't even know what I want to do with it.
One of our summer bucket list activities was to go horseback riding. I found a lady who was willing to do an hour lesson with the kids for a decent price, so we headed over to ride some ponies!
Mari loved petting the horses and sitting on them
It was a hot afternoon, but the kids seemed to have a lot of fun.
Ryker was really bonding with this one.
Earlier that day Brodie started his first day of kindergarten! He didn't even flinch when I left and I had to grab him to give him a kiss. He was just too excited to go off with his friends. He rides the Lizard Bus home every day from school and loves that too. We miss him a lot, but I am glad that he's having fun.
Brodie with his first homework assignment. He had to make this outline look like him and I think he did a great job!
The next week Ryker started preschool and he also had no problem leaving his mommy. He really loves preschool and asks me every morning if it's his turn to go to school. He only goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 2 hours, so we still get to enjoy lots of together time, which is nice for me.











.jpg)

















1 comment:
So Cute! Keep on postin! Love you guys! -Rachel
Post a Comment