Sunday, December 31, 2017

Fall in Ohio

 There are lots of things for us to explore around here!  We took a quick visit to Lake Erie before it got too cold.  We live about 10 minutes from the shore and it is a lot of fun.  The beach isn't super sandy.  It's sandy enough, but there's lots of smooth rocks and pebbles to dig around for and if you're lucky you can even find some smooth beach glass.


Lake Erie is so big!  I really does look like you are looking at an ocean.  The waves aren't as big and it doesn't smell or sound like a salty ocean, but it goes on and on and on!  The locals call it the North Coast.




The mermaid of Lake Erie


They have a lot of fishing derbys around here for kids.  We missed most of them before we moved here, but we found one that wasn't too far from us.  The boys and Mari have tackle boxes stuffed with fishing goodies, but I'm only familiar fishing with live bait - crickets and worms - so I had no idea what to use.  We fished and fished and weren't getting any bites.  All of us were getting a bit discouraged, so we started digging on the bank for worms.  They were tiny pathetic little worms, but they worked!  On tiny pathetic little fish, but hey!  A fish is a fish!




Ryker won a fishing pole and each kid caught something, so I considered it a success!

The leaves began to fall, slowly at first.  The kids haven't been able to experience leaf piles yet, so they were pretty excited about this one...



Little did they know, there would be A LOT more!



Brodie has been learning that yard work can be fun!



The fall colors are just amazing here!



Brodie at the Rain-gutter Regatta with the Scouts.  Brodie has made some nice little friends and just earned his Wolf Badge!  I hated being in charge of scouts in the past, but I LOVE it for my boy!






We wrapped up football for the season.  There were lots of games and practices, so the parents were kind of ready to be done.  The kids loved it though!  Mari was a cheerleader and both Brodie and Ryker did really good in their positions.  Brodie even quarterbacked most of the time, which was fun to watch!


 The team would always stop their practice to salute the flag whenever the national anthem played for the soccer teams in the next field.  Great coach!


Ryker LOVED being the big brother of a cheerleader.  It's tough being a football star.



We also made it to the Geauga County Fair.  This is the oldest fair in Ohio.


Both Brodie and Ryker went on this scary ride!  I can't believe they were brave enough.  I don't think I was that brave when I was their age.  Of course, neither of my parents would be caught dead on something like this, so I probably didn't even think it was an option!


Mari's favorite ride was the swings.  She's my cute little cowgirl!


 And when you look like this 5 minutes after getting in the car afterwards, you know it was a success!



Goodbye Fall!

No comments: