Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby Boy Crafts

So, I'm not going to lie... I've been a little jealous of all my pregnant friends who are due about the same time I am and the fact that they are ALL having girls -- That's not to say I'm not completely thrilled with having a boy, I've just always had this fear that I'll only have boys and never have a daughter -- which again, I want to make clear does not mean that I will love my son(s) any less. Bo of course loves the idea that all our friends are having girls so that our son will be a ladies man. Haha, hide your daughters! :)


Anyways, last night Bo and I wanted to take our Christmas picture for this year infront of our fireplace with all of our dogs (it ended up not turning out because the dogs didn't get the concept of looking at the camera, but we are going to try again today) and for our little Autumn I tied a cute little bow and secured it to her collar. This got me wanting to make more cute little bows (not for the dog, just for fun) and I showed them to Bo and said I can't wait to have a little girl to make hair bows for. But I need to get over that because I am having a boy! So I wanted to think of some baby boy crafts I could do. I don't have too many options for boys. I can't knit them cute beanies with big flowers on them (although I could knit boy beanies), I can't make hair bows, I can't make little baby accessories, I can't use glitter...
But I did think of making onesies! These are the two that I've done so far and Bo thinks that I should make one with dog paw prints all over it so it looks like the dogs have been stepping on the baby since that seems to be everyone's worry -- I don't know, I guess they think I am going to leave my baby on the floor and let the dogs have at him.





So the whole point of this post is to ask anyone if they have any baby boy craft ideas that I could steal. Or any other ideas for onesies that would match my family. I have 5 blank ones left.

2 comments:

The Leonards said...

Those are adorable! How did you make it? I think you should make him some cloth shoes and even some ties! I think bibs and burp cloths would be fun to make too!

Anonymous said...

I just bought the onesies and then I drew on regular paper the design I wanted, cut it out, then traced the pattern I made onto the fabric I wanted to use and then I used transweb material where you iron it to the fabric and then it seals to the fabric and then you take off the back of the transweb, stick it where you want on the onesie, iron it again and wa-la! Pretty cool, huh? Its really easy. Bo likes your tie idea, but he wants me to transweb it onto the onesie and I think it's a cuter idea to just make an actual tie. :)