Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ready For a Long One??

It has been a long 2 weeks from my last post!  We've now been sick for 3 weekends!! (and the weeks in between!)  I think we're finally starting to pull out of it, but we are still left with coughs, sniffles, and hoarse voices.

Last weekend my sister Rachel came to visit.  She is such a good Auntie and the kids had lots of fun with her around.  Below Rachel was throwing the duck dummy for Brodie to shoot.


Brodie would then go and fetch the duck...


Bring it to Rachel...


Get a "Good Job" scratch...


And Repeat.
They also did some fishing...


I love this picture of Brodie.  He looks like he's really into it.  What a little fisher-man!


And they danced to banjo music..


And went on a bike ride!


Ryker was being fussy at the beginning, so Brodie put his arm around him to comfort him and left his arm there the whole ride - SO CUTE!


Like I said, we had a great time with Rachel.  And she left with our Summer time cold - Sorry Rachel.

In other news, Ryker learned how to pull himself up on things.


He gets so excited and is so proud of himself when he does it.


I've also been really into canning.  My sister and I canned some chicken and beef and then the other night I canned some pineapple and strawberries.  I really suck at cutting pineapple, so I bought this really awesome pineapple slicer and corer and I love it!


It's weird how little devices like this get me so excited.



This weekend was Burney Basin Days, so Brodie and I kicked the day off with going to the parade.
 

A few of Brodie's favorite parade attractions included the firetrucks, Little Bear (Smokey the Bear), the Baby Horsies (Ponies), The Cowboys who were shooting guns and gave him a Sheriff's sticker, and the guy on a Motorcycle who came up and gave him a high-five.




Later that evening we went to the high school to enjoy the fireworks.


We met up with the Oilars and Brodie and Lainey had a little date watching the fireworks.


They were adorable and loved every firework burst.
It got a little loud for Brodie during the finale though...


The fireworks display was awesome!  Burney really does a great job.  I love America!

3 comments:

The Leonards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Leonards said...

I love all of the pictures but I think my favorite is of Brodie in his sunglasses. Super cute. Your pineapple and strawberries look so good. Hopefully I will get around to canning soon!

Lanenga Family said...

cute cute cute! I love the close ups of their faces--good photography skills! Love the glasses pic of Brodie--hey good lookin!