Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mobile Uploads

I haven't been taking too many pictures lately, so I figured I would do a blog post of all the cute pictures I've taken on my ipod:

A few weeks ago my parents came up for a visit and we went to the Wild Rice Festival.  Here's Ryker clappin' along to the band: Trout and Parrot.



There was a really neat bounce house, but Brodie hated it.  What a fun festival though!


Here are the two nursery rascals after church.  Brodie was teaching Ellaina how to shoot a gun.


Some more fun gun time.  Bo and Brodie were getting the bears on the Cabela's Wii Game. (I found the gun and game at a garage sale in Idaho for only $5!)


Funny Hair and Cutie Pie!


We've spent most of our time of late moving.  Blah!  I hate moving... but I love our new house!  We went to pick up a Uhaul and Brodie thought it was awesome.  "BIG TRUCK!"  He got to ride in the big truck on the way home and once we parked it in our driveway he ran into the house to grab the essentials to take to the new house: his gun, chainsaw, and a tin can of cheese puffs.


The pile did grow much larger after he realized he had more time to pack.  What a great little helper (nuisance)!

When I was cleaning up the old house Brodie was having a wonderful time acting like a monster and running from room to empty room, but his speed got the best of him and he smacked his head into the wall.  What a goose egg!


This is just me being pretty proud of myself one day for loading all our junk in the back of the truck to take to the dump without any help! (Bo was at work.)  There was a lot of stuff and I tied the tarp around it and made it all secure... then I felt even better about my abilites when I got to Burney which was a half hour from our house on a fast highway without losing a single thing...


Then I felt bad because the dump was closed.  Turns out they are only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays - very important to know!  Then I felt even worse when I got back to our new house (with the junk still in the back of my truck) when the neighbor told me that our dogs had busted out of the yard and were running around somewhere. We're talking about Autumn and her two puppies... so I was feeling pretty frantic. NOT FUN driving around town for hours looking for your dogs with a load of junk in the back of your truck!  Another neighbor found them and we got them back, so at least it ended well, but what a long day!  And even better, all the puppies have been sold!

Here are the boys taking their last bath in the old house.



They look happy, but a little cramped.  Big difference from this:



A giant jacuzzi tub!  How fun is that?!

Yesterday the boys and I went to a few Yard Sales.  We found this swingset for just $10!  It's missing one swing, but I want to buy one of those little tyke swings for Ryker anyways, so it's perfect!  Brodie LOVES it!  He keeps saying, "Brodie's Park.  Go play on Brodie's Park."



Today we did one of our favorite hikes into Thousand Lakes Wilderness.  We did this hike last year when Brodie was just 1 1/2 and Ryker was still in Utero.  It's 3 1/2 miles to the lake, so 7 miles round trip.  Brodie did pretty good.  I'd say he maybe walked a mile on his own.


That little dog following Bo is his new puppy Cohen.  He drove out to Utah to get him last weekend and so far he's been a great dog!  He really loves Bo and Bo really loves him.

Lake Eiler



Ryker looks like he's getting sleepy....


And there he goes!


Very fun day, but I can already tell my body is going to be sore tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog. What cute pictures. I bet it was hot....Love you guys!

The Leonards said...

I am super proud of you for loading and securing all of the stuff too! That is awesome! Is the jacuzzi tub in the new house? You need to post some pictures of it! I can't believe how big Ryker is. When I saw him and Brodie in the bathtub my first thought was that it was with one of Brodie's friends but then I quickly realized it was Ryker!