..... And everything that comes with her.....
Brodie is such a happy boy when Lainey is around! This was their last day together. We had put our mattress in the living room to sleep on since everything else was loaded up in the truck and they decided to snuggle down and watch Team Umizoomi.
Every day he brings her up:
B: "I want to go to Lainey's house today!"
Me: "We can't she lives really far away."
B: "No! GO TO LAINEY'S HOUSE NOW!"
Me: "Sorry honey, we can't go today."
B: Sighs. "Ok, let's go to the church and eat dinner with Lainey."
Yesterday he said:
B: "I'm going to have a baby."
Me: "You can't have a baby, you have to be married to a girl first."
B: Rolls his eyes and says in a matter of fact tone, "I married to Lainey, mom. She my best fwend."
or he'll just randomly say all sad and pathetic like, "Home is really far away. Lainey really far away..."
It's so different here. Not bad necessarily, it's just going to take some getting used to. The people aren't as friendly as I thought they would be. I'm used to Burney where everyone smiles at each other and makes small talk and is just nice. I assumed it would still be like that here... ya know, with all the Mormons, but everyone just ignores each other. Even church was different. No one came up to us to introduce themselves or welcome us... but I understand, the ward is huge, and I assume no one knows who is new. Completely different from our old ward. I just took it upon myself to introduce myself to everyone instead, when I could. It's still hard though.
Brodie is such a happy boy when Lainey is around! This was their last day together. We had put our mattress in the living room to sleep on since everything else was loaded up in the truck and they decided to snuggle down and watch Team Umizoomi.
Every day he brings her up:
B: "I want to go to Lainey's house today!"
Me: "We can't she lives really far away."
B: "No! GO TO LAINEY'S HOUSE NOW!"
Me: "Sorry honey, we can't go today."
B: Sighs. "Ok, let's go to the church and eat dinner with Lainey."
Yesterday he said:
B: "I'm going to have a baby."
Me: "You can't have a baby, you have to be married to a girl first."
B: Rolls his eyes and says in a matter of fact tone, "I married to Lainey, mom. She my best fwend."
or he'll just randomly say all sad and pathetic like, "Home is really far away. Lainey really far away..."
It's so different here. Not bad necessarily, it's just going to take some getting used to. The people aren't as friendly as I thought they would be. I'm used to Burney where everyone smiles at each other and makes small talk and is just nice. I assumed it would still be like that here... ya know, with all the Mormons, but everyone just ignores each other. Even church was different. No one came up to us to introduce themselves or welcome us... but I understand, the ward is huge, and I assume no one knows who is new. Completely different from our old ward. I just took it upon myself to introduce myself to everyone instead, when I could. It's still hard though.
All that aside, things are fine here. Would we prefer to still be in California - yes. But it's a cute clean home, the church is only a block away (and starts at 11! - if we can't make it to church on time now, then we're just not meant to go to church!), we've seen Bo's parents every day - the kids love them, and the weather has been pleasant.
I got a little part time (as in 5 hours every 2 weeks) job driving over to the Jackson Hole area and taking pictures of beautiful houses that are for sale for an appraisal/investor/real estate office. It is right up my alley. The Grand Tetons have a special place in my heart and being able to drive around the base of them is incredible... not to mention the million dollar houses I'm taking pictures of!
I got a little part time (as in 5 hours every 2 weeks) job driving over to the Jackson Hole area and taking pictures of beautiful houses that are for sale for an appraisal/investor/real estate office. It is right up my alley. The Grand Tetons have a special place in my heart and being able to drive around the base of them is incredible... not to mention the million dollar houses I'm taking pictures of!
The boys seem to be doing fine. Today they were giving me a run for my money. Why are boy so loud? And then my wacko child did this:
He spent a good 20 minutes begging me for yogurt and I didn't want to let him have any. I finally caved and 2 minutes later he went yogurt crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment