Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Rykster

Remember THIS post where I was telling you about Brodie doing tricks on his four wheeler and how Ryker tries to copy him, but it never ends well????

Well today Ryker mastered the four wheeler stand trick.  He is relentless.  He's been practicing for a couple weeks now and he finally figured out how to stand and push the button for the four wheeler to move.  He was thrilled.




The boy can't figure out how to turn, so he just goes until he hits something... but at least he can do it now standing up without falling off.  Way to go Ryker!

Brodie has been really into nature lately.  He loves to look for ladybugs, catch butterflies, and dig for worms.  You should see all the holes that have been left behind from all his excavating under our deck.  Today he found 5.  That reminds me, I still need to go release them tonight.  He likes to keep them in a bucket on my kitchen counter.


I signed Brodie up for the preschool at our gymnastics.  I always thought I was going to be one of those moms who wouldn't put their kids in preschool.  I just like the idea of having my kids at home with me where I can watch them and I won't miss out on any little developments.  I am having major anxiety over my baby boy going, but he WANTS to go.  He keeps asking me if he can go to school.  We went to a preschool screening the other day because I wanted to get his speech checked out... Brodie has a hard time getting the words in his brain to form correctly on his tongue.  The speech pathologist said that she has absolutely no concerns about his speech.  She said that he is just really bright and his meta-something isn't as developed as his brain, so he has a hard time forming words and it will get better with age.  Anyways, I told him we were going to school for some testing and he cried when we left because he wanted to stay.  I figured the preschool at the gym would be a good option because it is only two days a week from 9:00-11:30.  So he will color, learn his abcs and numbers, and then do gymnastics for an hour.  It's a 3 month summer program, so if he likes it we'll continue and if he doesn't, I'll yank him out.  The teacher will be the same gal he has at gymnastics right now, who he loves, so I am feeling good about the situation... a little.

It will be nice to get a some one on one time with this little guy:


Oh and for those of you who thought I was crazy to buy this fire truck in Idaho, transport it to California, and then come to find out we would be moving it back to Idaho... Ryker still rides in it every day.  It was a great buy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the post. Can't wait to see you. We'll have to download some of these pictures.
Mom