We made a long trek down to Utah on Friday to celebrate the marriage of our cousin Geoff to his beautiful bride, Brittany. When I told Brodie we were going to go to Utah he said in the saddest voice, "But I don't want to leave Idaho!" I told him that we would be back the next day and he said, "Mom, I'm really sad. I don't want to leave Idaho... wait, are we going to California?" I told him no and that we were going to Utah and he replied, "Awww... I don't want to leave Idaho!" Poor kid. I told him there would be cake and it cheered him up a little. Anyways, unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the newly married couple, but they both looked so happy and we definitely approve of the new addition to our family. It was also great seeing lots of Bo's family and the boys always love playing with all their cousins. We spent the night with Aunt Rachelle and had a big slumber party. I'm not sure if we'll be invited back... but we had fun!
Afterwards we got "Peenya Kolada" smoothies and sampled some chocolate fudge. The boys got to ride on an escalator for the first time and it was definitely a highlight for them. Brodie insisted on doing it by himself, which was a huge nail biter for me... but he did it, so good job buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment