My baby turned two today! Ryker is one of the cutest little people I know and his charm just keeps growing every day. He is smart, kind, handsome, independent, ornery, and completely lovable. His favorite phrase right now is, "Oh, yeah." He knows most of his colors and can count to three really well... probably because I give him to the count of three to do something before he gets in trouble. He will take multiple baths during the day if I let him and one of his favorite things to do is gymnastics. He is really impressive with his somersaults, rolls, kicks on the balance beam, and jumps. He takes after his daddy and older brother and loves to go hunting and will throw a huge tantrum if he's not allowed to go. He is a binky and blanky loving boy and takes them with him everywhere. He is really into tractors, animals, motorcycles, guns, trains, and airplanes. He can spot an airplane way up in the sky even when it's barely visible to me. He is a complete joy and it is impossible to express how much I love this little kid.
Nothing beats birthday chocolate cake batter for breakfast!
This year Ryker decided he wanted an airplane party, so I got to work! We made boarding tickets for invitations, did paper airplane streamers, had an airplane pinata, and made sure to have lots of peanuts readily available for our guests.
The little monkey causing all sorts of mischief.
He was pretending to be a ghost. I ended up scratching my vision of a cute airplane themed tablescape after setting it up several times and having this little Boo come and destroy it.
Airplane Pinata:
Pin the Propeller on the Airplane:
Present time!
Ryker had some troubles opening up presents. He finally decided to just enlist his big brother.
Birthday hug!
Cake!
I hate making cakes. I'm not sure what my problem is, but they never turn out. This time one of my cake rounds split in two as I was trying to flip it out of the pan. Luckily I was able to smoosh it back together. It was a little lopsided, but whatever. I envy those moms who can make beautiful cakes. It did taste good though!
After cake, I remembered that we forgot to give Ryker his main gift from Bo and I....
A tricycle!
The kids loved it. It makes lots of different noises, has lights, and plays songs. Also there is a nifty little trunk space in the back, so you can put all your things... or another person back there!
Ryker also got a little birthday money from his Great Grandparents. I've been wanting to get the kids a sandbox for awhile now, so we went down to the Kmart and bought a turtle sandbox. Then we went to this masonry place and the guy gave us all the sand we needed, at no cost since it was his birthday! The boys love it!
Happy Birthday Rykie Bear! Know that I always love you and that I feel so lucky to be your mom!
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYKER! I can't believe how fast these two years went by. He is soooo super cute! I totally wish you guys lived closer so star could play with them. We miss you guys and love you!
Post a Comment