Monday, October 22, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

....Or Limes...




In my last blog post I posed the question, "What am I going to have to deal with next in this pregnancy?"  Well I think I jinxed myself or something because my darn stones either came back or never went away in the first place!  I tried to pass it at home, but the meds they gave me did not work one tiny little bit, so back to the hospital I went.  It lasted even longer this time and I really do think the pain was worse, if that is even possible.  Not to mention the nurse (who was trying to do her best with a writhing sobbing body) poked me 5 times before she finally got an IV in my arm to give me the drugs!  Then the medicine made me throw up everything that was left in my stomach and then... bliss.  For two hours.  Then the dang pain came back!  So, more drugs.  This poor baby has been exposed to so many drugs this pregnancy.  With the boys I wouldn't even take Tylenol if I had a backache or headache.  This poor baby has had Unisom for months, Amoxicillian, 3 doses of Demerol, 2 doses of anti nausea so I would stop puking, and whatever pill I tried taking yesterday morning that didn't do squat.  After another night in the hospital I am home again, but my nerves are shot.  Any little tiny bit of pain in my back sends me into panic mode.  They sent me home with some heavier drugs to help manage the pain if I need it, but it's just not comforting enough.

But, even during the worst weekend (fri-mon) of my life, I feel very blessed that my in-laws live in town so that the boys had somewhere to go, that I have a great friend who lives just down the street from me who is willing to watch the boys and make me dinner, the love that I've received from family members, friends, and ward members who have checked up on me to make sure that I am ok and who are willing to help with anything our family needs, the sweet nurses (what would we do without nurses??  All of them that I have run into are so caring and personable, unlike doctors), that the boys did great during my absence, that my baby girl is just fine, and that Bo has been able to take time off from work and that we were able to take advantage of the weekend in order for him to help console me and care for the kids as well.  And to top it off, my sister sent me a bouquet of flowers today!  It's those little things that make it so you can get through even the worst pains.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Poor thing! I hope this passes quickly.