Ryker went potty on the toilet for the first time ever today!! I know a lot of people think it's weird when parents post about their children's bathroom experiences, but the first potty is just so exciting for a mom. I think Ryker has been ready to be potty trained for awhile now, but to be honest, I've just been really lazy about it. Diapers are so much more convenient, rather then spending the time and effort to teach kids how to go on the potty. I started potty training Brodie when he was about 20 months old, but it seemed so much easier to do then. Anyways, for awhile now, Ryker always asks to go on the potty. He can even get up there all by himself. But, every time I put him on the toilet, he just sits for a little bit and then says he's done. Then he will usually go somewhere nearby on the floor if I don't put his diaper back on quick! Over the last few days I've been trying little tricks like putting his hand in warm water while he's sitting on the toilet, but I still didn't get any results. Then tonight Bo tried helping him and of course he does it! I guess sometimes you just need a little help from daddy. So now I think I have to actually buckle down and potty train this kid. The joys! Super proud of that boy though!
Other then that, there hasn't been much else going on. Batman has been frequently stopping by the house and even made an appearance at Grandma and Grandpas last night for dinner, but that's about it.
Oh, I take that back, the other exciting thing is that I've been pain free from kidney stones for 5 days now!!! Woohoo! I'm not sure if I passed the stone or not, but I'll for sure take the break, even if it doesn't last forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment