Nana and Papa drove up to Idaho to visit us for Thanksgiving! It didn't seem like they were here long enough, but we were happy to have them while we did! One day we took some left over bread and went to the duck ponds. Those ducks are very friendly when you have bread to give them! I have to constantly kick them away from the kids so their fingers and hands don't get nibbled on.
Thanksgiving was really nice. We had it at our house and my parents, Bo's parents, Bo's brother, and a sister of a cousin all came. It was the perfect amount of people because our house is really small. The food and company were fantastic and I love having leftovers for once!
Friday my parents went back home and our little family of 4 1/2 went out to get this years Christmas Tree! I was thinking this year we would break tradition and just go buy a tree at a tree farm, but there aren't any Christmas Tree farms around here. I called around to see what the parking lot Christmas Tree prices were and the cheapest was $49.99!!! I couldn't believe that! So we kept tradition and went and bought our $10 permit and went out into the woods. The Christmas tree selection in Idaho is a little like their pumpkin patch selections... not a whole lot. There were two kinds of trees as far as we could tell, one species had a great shape, but the needles looked yellowish to me and therefore looked like it was dying. The other species was green, but it's shape was a little more sparse... we went with the green one. I'm sure it will look fine once it has lights on it and is decorated.
We also tried taking a family Christmas picture.... it was a beautiful background, but a grouchy Brodie who just woke up from a nap pretty much ruined every single picture with his grumpy scowl. We'll see if I can do some good enough photoshop editing. Later on he wanted to take the following picture to send to his Nana and Papa in the mail, because he said it would make them really happy! So sweet.
The tree! Way to go Daddy! The kids were so excited to yell, "TIMBER!"
Wish I could have just chopped down one of these trees, they are so pretty!
After the tree cutting, we put some holes in our old pumpkins!
And now onto decorating!

No comments:
Post a Comment