It was time for St. Patrick's Day and lucky us, the leprechaun came and gave us a few presents and pulled a few pranks! I was trying to explain to Brodie about leprechauns and St. Patrick's Day - wearing green, gold at the end of rainbows, corn beef & cabbage, tiny leprechauns, etc. He wasn't quite getting it so I tried looking up a video to show him on You Tube. The most kid friendly video that popped up was a Bass And Rankin's: The Leprechauns Christmas Gold. In the video they show the leprechauns mining gold and making shoes. Afterwards we were talking about it and Brodie said, "Maybe the leprechaun will bring me golden wrestling shoes!" Hm. That might be a little tricky. Luckily I had just found some wrestling shoes off Rexburg Garage Sale for an excellent price... but they weren't golden, that's for sure!
Anyways, the kids woke up and the leprechaun had come! He brought them some Lucky Charms, some rainbow cookies, green elephant cups, green wind things, some bandaids, green slime stuff, a green sweater vest made out of a sweater I found at the thrift store for Ryker, a green dress made out of one of my old shirts for Mari, wrestling head gear, and WRESTLING SHOES! It was so exciting! The leprechaun also turned the kid's apple juice and milk green.
My good luck charms!

No comments:
Post a Comment