We had an awesome 4th of July! My parents were in town, so we went out to lunch at Gator Jacks and then headed to some firework stands to buy some pretty explosives. We tried to make it to the Menan parade, but it started at 2:00, instead of 2:30, which is when I thought it started, so we saw about 5 minutes of it. Oh well, the kids still enjoyed it.
For dinner we threw some hamburgers on the grill and I made an awesome peach cobbler in my dutch oven that I got for Mother's Day, also on the grill.
In the early evening the boys ran around the yard with their sparklers.
Once it got dark enough, we started with the real fireworks. Being from California, the fireworks here are pretty awesome. They aren't just lame fountains and other fireworks that only stay on the ground. No, the fireworks here are ones that shoot up into the air and explode with color! We seriously had our own fireworks show right in our back yard. I loved it! No crowds to fight, no dusty parking lots, no traffic!
Mari seemed to enjoy the festivities as well, and when she got tired, I ran her upstairs and put her to bed. Perfect!
My favorite part of the night though was when Bo and my dad decided to light off a couple of the big fireworks at the same time. They were both out there in the dark with their punks and once they were lit, ran away laughing like little kids. Boys and their explosives!
No comments:
Post a Comment