Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nursery...

So I know in my very first blog entry I was planning on doing a barnyard theme for the nursery... well that theme has changed several times through-out my pregnancy and now I finally settled on what I want to do!!

It's going to be a dog theme -- which is of course perfect for our family if you know us well. None of our babies are ever going to be afraid of dogs.

So this is what I've been working on today and it has been really fun and I LOVE it!



I got the idea from Pottery Barn for Kids, but they wanted $20 per dog mobile and that was supposedly on sale - crazy! So I made my own out of white poster board and paint. I like mine better too because I was able to design the dogs after our own -- a German Wirehaired Pointer (left), a Long Haired Dachshund (middle), and a Jagd Terrier (right).

We also have a guest bed in the nursery, so after Christmas I think I am going to go ahead and buy the sheets and quilt that match the dog mobiles I made and then all I need are matching curtains and a few cute touches here and there and wa-la! The room is ready for baby! I do wish we could paint the walls a different color, but since we are renting still I guess that will have to wait. I still love it though!

Here is Pottery Barn's picture:




6 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. P said...

I love the way that turned out!! You are so crafty.. I'm jealous!

The Leonards said...

Sarah this looks REALLY good! I am so glad you went with the dog theme! I love how simple and boyish it is. Are you going to do any paintings for the room?

Holly Walton said...

I love the letters on the wall!!! You are still way ahead of us on the nursery thing. Wesley is still sleeping in our room!! I can't wait to have it done.

Hepworth Family said...

Sarah, that is so cute...I love it! Your dogs look just as good as the $20 dogs! I like to look in the pottery barn kids for ideas too and I get lots of them but I haven't followed through with any of them...good job!

Carlson Clan said...

Hey Sarah! Your nursery looks super cute! Oh and the tree topper on our tree we got at Target last year...it looks more like a snowflake made of like fake clear gems and it's lit up (I don't know if you can tell all that from the picture!) It was 20 bucks at Target last year so....

The Leonards said...

Hey Sarah, we got our star two years ago at Target too and I think it was $12!