Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pumpkin Patch, Red Lobster, and CHICKENS!

Yesterday after Bo got done with work we traveled down to Redding for some family fun and to run a few errands.  We stopped off at the Nash's Pumpkin Patch first and had a blast!

Here's Brodie riding the petting zoo animals... I'm guessing this was probably against the petting zoo rules... but oh well!


Brodie LOVED the little goats



And here's Brodie acting like a turkey while pointing at the turkey - another one of his animal favorites.


Brodie on the other hand does NOT like pigs.  I don't blame him, the pig had a yucky nose.


Farmer Brodie



Our Harvest Family Picture.
No... I'm not concealing a pumpkin under my shirt...


This is the pumpkin that Brodie wanted.  I tried to nudge him into picking a different one, because this one had a few defects, but he wouldn't have it.



Such a big helper!


And here's our family of 4!  We debated wether or not to find a pumpkin that had a weird growth on it to represent my pregnant belly, but I was really loving this white pumpkin I found, so we're just going to hope that baby #2 is here for Halloween.


Next we went to Red Lobster.  We try to make it to Red Lobster once a year - usually for Bo's birthday, so we decided to celebrate his birthday at the beginning of the month instead of the end and I am so glad we did.  Wow that food is good!  And best part... I get the leftovers for lunch today!

At first Brodie wasn't sure about the crab... but that's because Daddy was teasing.


However Brodie LOVED everything that we gave him.  Rolls, Lobster Pizza, Lobster and Shrimp Pasta, Coconut Shrimp, and Crab Legs.  I don't think it gets any better then that!


I think it's the most I've ever seen him eat.  We may have to start going to Red Lobster for his birthday too!


We ended our evening with picking up some chickens!  My summer project is officially complete and I can't wait to start getting fresh eggs!  Brodie and I have been loving watching these hens peck around. 

1 comment:

Lanenga Family said...

Poor guy! I love his face withe the crab claw...Cute with the pumpkins. Hope your addition comes soon! :)