Friday, March 11, 2011

1st Pinewood Derby!

Last Wednesday we attended our 1st Pinewood Derby and it was fun!


Here's Brodie showing off our cool car.  We got 5th place!


Cannon giving Bo & Brodie some racing tips.


Brodie was pretty rowdy at this event.  He didn't quite understand that you were supposed to take turns.  Instead he just wanted to keep rolling his car down the track!



Today we had Brodie's 2 year check up.  He is in the 40th percentile for weight (26lbs) and in the 50th percentile in height.  So he's pretty average as far as growth goes.  Brodie has been going through a lot of changes lately.  Toddler bed, potty training, and yesterday a hole mysteriously appeared in his binky.  Ok... not so mysteriously... but it's there.  He actually took it really well.  Occasionally he carries it around fondly and then tries to suck on it and of course doesn't like it, so he chucks it across the room.  It's tough growing up, but it is so much fun to watch him grow.  Yes he can drive me a little crazy sometimes.  For example he can not stop himself from "cooking" if he sees a few "ingredients" lying around.  Basically we can not leave a opened beverage lying around anywhere.  Give him a bottle of water, a bowl, and spoon, and he'll be entertained for hours.  But his pouring skills aren't great and it usually ends in a big mess!  And he loves coloring... even if it's on the wall.  And just about anything can be turned into a ball or bat.  I wasn't super thrilled when he threw my un-opened 7Up can across the room tonight and it happened to puncture upon impact, which shot soda everywhere.  But I just love him to pieces!  One thing about Brodie is that he is all boy and I'm actually really enjoying seeing that side of the coin since I never had any brothers of my own.  He is also very sweet with Ryker which I greatly appreciate.  Every once in awhile he wants to be a baby too, so if I give Ryker some bananas or cereal, Brodie's also gotta have some... and to be fed the same way Ryker is being fed.  And if Ryker is in his exersaucer or bouncer... well Brodie needs a turn too!

I'm just so thankful every day that I was given Brodie.  He always brings a smile to my face and gives me that warm feeling in my heart just from looking at him.  What mom could ask for more?

2 comments:

Lanenga Family said...

He's getting big! Is that a hummer with a gun on top? Nice! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's exactly what it is Allie. :)