Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Brodie is 3!!!

Brodie is such a special boy to me. I love everything about him. I love the way he eats, his smile, the funny faces he makes (especially his eye roll), his sweet little nature, how he says his words, his coordination, how he dances, makes me laugh, and so much more! It is so much fun to just watch him explore, learn, and grow.

IMG_3839IMG_3843

Yesterday Brodie got a birthday card in the mail from his Grammy and it had $20 in it.  I told him that the money was his and we could go to the store and he could pick out a toy.  He thought for a second and then said, “No go to store, I want to go bowling!”  You got it kid!  (Usually when he asks to go bowling I tell him that we don’t have any money.)

IMG_3802IMG_3817

Today we went and visited Brodie’s best friend Lainey.  Today is also her birthday so we brought her a present and some flowers.  They played for a little while and then shared a Valentines Day kiss and we came back home to open Brodie’s presents!

IMG_3853IMG_3846

He got some big boy sippy cups from Ryker and Nickelodeon Wii Fit from Bo and I.  Here’s Brodie playing his game and Ryker testing out the sippy cups.

IMG_3855

The game was a big hit!

IMG_3870IMG_3871

Brodie wanted waffles for dinner, but while we were at Safeway I found some crab legs in the meat sale section of the store for 50% off, so I talked him into that instead.  We also got some lobster tails.  They were both delicious!  We finished the evening with chocolate molten lava cake and the new annual birthday interview that I want to do with all our kids.
The Interview:



The Translation:

1.  What is your name?  I’m ten.  What’s your name?  Brodie!

2.  How old are you? I’m Ten!  Three?  I’m Three.

3.  What is your favorite color?  Black.  (he has never said his favorite color is black before.  It’s usually blue, green, or red.)

4.  What is your favorite food?  Cake!  … and waffles!

5.  Who is your best friend?  LAINEY!  My, my, my, Lainey my best friend.  My friend.

6.  What do you want to be when you grow up?  When you’re big?  My belly big.  All the way to the top.

7.  What is your favorite thing to do?  Ten.  What do you like to do?  Cake and waffles.  Cake and waffles?  Cake and waffles is very nice.

8.  When you go outside what do you like to do?  I like to do stuff.  What do you like to do outside?  Slide down, weee.  Go down the slide?  Swings.  I go really high…  swing.

9.  What’s your favorite toy?  Lego toys.  Which one’s your favorite?    Trucks, cars and trucks, fire trucks.

10.  What is your favorite animal?  My animals… back my room.  What animal do you like the most? One… this many animals.  Ten… and this many animals.  Which one is your favorite?  Deer friends.  My this many deers.  I like this many deers.  What sound does a deer make? *makes noises* Deer make sounds.  Elk make different kind.  Elk say, “EEEEE”  Elk go like that.  What does a goose sound?  A horn.  Fly wings.  Gooses have wings. 

How could you not love this little guy?
Happy Birthday Brodie!

1 comment:

Carlson Clan said...

He's so dang cute! I love the interview idea!! So smart!