... my chickens!
I love them so much! I would choose them over the dogs any day. Especially little Buffy. Buffy was one of my original chickens. She had a rough first year. You can read more about it HERE. Once we got her back she was so timid and scared and wouldn't lay any eggs. Now she lays me an egg 6 times a week and she wants to lay her eggs in my house! Every afternoon she runs back and forth in front of the sliding glass door to be let in. She hops in her apple basket filled with newspapers and...
... lays an egg!
Then she happily goes back outside. The other day she even wanted to hang out with Brodie. He was eating cereal and she wanted him to share with her, so she hopped up onto the couch next to him. I don't really like her to hang out in the house very long though, so after I snapped a couple pictures, she had to go back outside, but she has come a long way!
I have found a great home for my chickens, but still, I am very sad to have to say goodbye to them.
1 comment:
That is so cute! I can't believe she has a little egg-laying basket! What a sweet chickie.
Post a Comment