Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Kids!

Ok, I totally need a filler post so that you guys don't have to look at my nasty kidney stones when you first come to my page, so here are a couple pictures of my latest favorites.

Brodie is still OBSESSED with Mari.  He is definitely her biggest fan.  He is getting better at not being right up in her face, which she really enjoys because she'll talk and coo at him now.


Brodie really is an awesome big brother.  And the things he says crack me up.  Today when we were driving home from gymnastics he said, "Mom, look there is a corn tree."  I just kind of said, oh yeah... you know, when your kid says something and you don't know what they are talking about, but you kind of act like you do... and then further down the road he points to another tree and says, "Mom, look another corn tree!  There are a lot of corn trees around here."  I looked at the tree and it was just a budding tree, but the buds look like little miniature corn cobs.  What a funny kid!


Mari is 3 months old!  I hate that she is that old already, but I just love her to pieces!  She is seriously the prettiest baby I have ever seen and she is so much fun!  She smiles and talks non-stop, has started falling asleep around 10:00 (she'll only sleep for 3 hours at a time, but a little bit of milk puts her right back to sleep, so it's not too bad), and she still fits into her newborn clothes... although I think in another week or two, they'll finally be retired to the closet.  She's also trying to roll over already!  And she can spin herself around 360 degrees on her back, so she can follow you around the room.  Slow down Mari!


 And Ryker is just amazing.  He loves me a lot and that makes me so happy.  He always wants to snuggle or sit on my lap, but he's also super independent and loves being outdoors.  He's actually sitting on my lap right now and he is perfectly content just hanging out with mom, relaxing.  He loves and is doing so great at gymnastics!  Every day he asks me if we can go.  And he is a no fear kind of guy... All the other boys in his class are 4 or 5, but at 2 he keeps up with them and has no problem jumping from tall heights, that even scare mommy, into the foam pit!


I just love having 3 kids!  I feel like I have the perfect ages in my household right now.  A charming 4 year old who says the funniest things and who can follow directions and help me when I need it, a super cute 2 year old who is just so happy all the time and has a great imagination - he's my favorite "movie" to watch right now, and an incredibly sweet little baby.  It is the best!  And now Ryker's  asleep, so this post is done!

No comments: