Brodie wanted a Mario Kart Wii party this year and the day started out early... like five in the morning early, when Ryker woke up. Bo was nice enough to take a turn and go help him get back to sleep. On his way to the kid's room he found Brodie standing infront of this poster that I had hung up the night before, fixated on Mario. I like to think it looked something like this...
We made a trophy pinata. I just paper mached a balloon, used a toilet paper roll for the skinny part and then a round ziploc container for the bottom. Spray painted it gold and added a few rhinestones. It was a pull string pinata, so each of the kids had a string and one of the strings pulled the bottom open and confetti and chocolate gold coins fell to the ground.
Mario Hats, Princess Crowns, and Question Mark Box presents!
This was one happy boy opening up all his presents!
The cake...
Ok... so I did try to make a cake, but my frosting was the wrong consistency, even though it tasted really good and there were cake crumbs throughout it, which just makes me mad and it was just horrible looking. So I went and bought an ice cream cake. Done and done.
Then... the power went out. I have no idea why. It wasn't even stormy outside. But as we were playing with all our goodies and toys, the lights went out. Poor Ryker got really freaked out and just started bawling. I have a couple battery operated LED spotlights that I bought earlier this year for such power outage occasions, so we turned them on and all was well again...
Pin the mustache on the Mario turned into pin the mustache on the Oilars!
We all had a lot of fun! We are really blessed to have such wonderful friends. These people will be really hard to move away from.
1 comment:
His birthday party looked like so much fun! My kids would have loved to have been there (although it is a good thing we didn't come, we probably would have passed pink eye on to everyone (Jax and I now have it from Ethan and Adrianne who had it earlier this week, and croup which Adrianne woke up with today!). All of the games and decor were so cute and creative! He looked so happy! Seeing your cute party and the invites is making me excited to plan a party for Adrianne this year!
Post a Comment