Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kidney Update

Last Friday night I had my first post birth kidney stone attack.  Although it was a lot less stressful to deal with, since I was no longer pregnant, it was still nice and painful!  Monday I called my new doctor and told him what was up.  They scheduled me in for an ultrasound today at 1:00.  I was so happy that someone was actually going to do something this time, since before I was just always told to wait it out.  Not thrilled that I couldn't eat anything for 8 hours before my appointment... although clear liquids were allowed... 

I've come to a couple conclusions today:

A hungry breast feeding mom is not a happy one.
If there is a next time, insist on a morning appointment... or set your alarm 8 hours before your appointment, even if that means 5 in the morning, and have a meal waiting next to your bed. 
Any Jello that is not red is disgusting.
Kids really like apple juice... especially when you intend to drink it.
Avoid bringing babies to appointments they don't need to be at, particularly ones where you'll be in a position that makes you unable to hold your baby.  They know the most inconvenient times to cry and will take advantage of that knowledge to drive everyone in the medical office crazy.

So now we just wait to see what the doctor says and hope there are no more kidney stone attacks until then!  When we got back to our car after the appointment, I found two mysterious avocados in my passengers side front seat.  I'm not sure how they got there.  Yes, I know most people would be happy to see two avocados in their front seat, but unfortunately avocados are the only thing I'm allergic to... and they sort of resemble kidneys... so I'm hoping that's not a bad omen!

And here is my angel post appointment and nothing but smiles!




No comments: