Monday, May 9, 2011

Bikers

A little over a year and half ago back when we lived in Capay, our neighbor was moving and had this bike trailer that she was selling for $20.  We didn't have bikes, but I remember my Uncle Kent pulling me around in one of these when I was younger on our camping trips and it is one of my fondest memories, so we bought it.  Then after we moved to Hat Creek, Bo found a little ad on one of our community boards.  A family was moving and they were trying to sell their bikes.  So we bought those too!  (That was last year)  Well, we finally went on a bike ride!  We have the perfect road to take little bike rides on.  It is paved and fairly level. 


The boys buckled and ready to go!
Poor Ryker isn't quite big enough for the trailer yet, so we had to fill in the spaces with a blanket.


It didn't look very comfortable to me, but he fell asleep on the ride back home, so he must have been cozy!


Pulling a trailer was a lot harder then I thought!  There's constant resistance, so no coasting.  And check out that spooky Indian burial ground cemetery behind me.  Its just right down the street from our house.  The graves are mounds and there aren't any grave markers which makes it even spookier.

1 comment:

The Leonards said...

Ryker has the cutest little face! I think he needs to visit me again, so I can hold him! They look like they are having so much fun.