Today was opening day of duck season up here and Bo had a great time. He got his limit of 7 ducks and was home by 9:30. Now that's what I like to see!
When Brodie woke up and asked where his daddy was I told him that he went duck hunting. Usually when Bo goes deer hunting he takes Brodie with him, so when I told him this information he just stared at me like he had been betrayed. As soon as Bo came home instead of running to Bo and giving him a big hug and squealing, which is what usually happens, he just shouted at Bo, "I want to go duck hunting!" Poor kid. Once daddy showed him that there were ducks in the back of his truck though, he was nothing but thrilled.
You can't tell, but here he is jumping up and down with excitement.
The boys plucked feathers and roasted the ducks on the BBQ.
And Bo actually found someone other then him who likes to eat ducks! Go figure it would be his mini-me. We tried equipping Brodie with a fork to eat his duck... but then we noticed these candid moments when Brodie thought no one was looking...
Yuck, that is disgusting. Whatever gets the job done though!
Ryker actually really like it too, but we didn't get a very good picture of it. Sorry Ryker.
Then we did the really fun stuff! There was an Estate Sale on the road parallel to us, so we went and dug up some treasures! I got quite a few things, and Bo even tagged along and got himself a few vintage western shirts.
Check out those Eagles!
That's one good lookin' cowboy if you ask me!
I'm thinking we might have some cowboy trick or treaters in our household this year...






No comments:
Post a Comment