Tuesday, April 30, 2013

HAPPY DANCE!!!

After 6 months, 12 attacks, lots of morphine, and hundreds of dollars spent on hospital bills, doctor appointments, and ultrasounds only to receive no help on the matter.... I have given birth to a 5mm kidney stone!!  I am elated!!!








I honestly can not explain how happy I am to have this in my possession - as weird as that sounds.  I feel validated now.  The doctors almost had me believing that I was making it up.  I even went in last week complaining about it again and they tried to tell me that I had a weakened pelvic floor and wanted me to go to pelvic floor therapy (even though they couldn't explain why it would be causing pain in my back, other then possibly there was a muscle that was somehow attached to my pelvic floor... I know... doesn't make sense to me either).  My most recent ultrasound, which was a little over 2 weeks ago showed no kidney stones in my kidney, although they were unable to get a good picture of part of my left ureter (which is probably where the dang stone was stuck!) and so my results from the lab technician said that I was totally fine.  I then had my worst attack ever just a couple days ago.  The morphine didn't even take away the pain.  It was horrible!  Now I want to go wave this stone in the face of every doctor/ultrasound tech I visited!

Anyways, you can imagine just how thrilled I am!!!  Yay!

2 comments:

Elissa Robins said...

Oh my word!!! That is huge!! I can't believe how big it is! I'm so glad that's out! I have never seen kidney stones before so the gross side of me enjoyed the photos!

Jill said...

That is disgusting. I'm glad that nasty thing is out of you and you can go in McDonald's now. :)